Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Food facts!

I've learned a few new food names here. Some of you may be interested if you ever cross the Atlantic...
Arugula - rocket leaves
Cilantro - coriander leaf
Chipotle - smoked pepper (flavour usually)
Cape Capensis - hake!!!!
Mezquite - many of you may know it's a Mexican flavouring for marinades & sauces. Nothing to write home about, ha, ha!
Oh, yes - a fruit called pluot. I imagine it's supposed to be a cross between a plum and an apricot. It comes in various shades of plum and apricot. The yellow ones I bought taste and feel just lke plums. Disappointing.
Gatorade - in this heat it's fantastic for rehydration. It's like Lucozade Sport, but in more flavours. And of course it comes in 3 categories, for use: before, during and after sport. I'm a big fan!
And yesterday we went to Trader Joe's which is a better class of food store (they'd love me for that) where you can buy food that is all natural, including lots of sauces. I bought speculoos spread. It looks like peanut butter, but it's a biscuit based spread. I'm not opening it till I get home. I also bought coffee, ground. I was surprised there wasn't any wholebean. You could get espresso beans coated in dark chocolate, but I didn't bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment