Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cars, cars, cars!

One thing you an be 100% sure of when driving in LA is traffic, and you can be 99% sure that you'll be stuck in a jam wherever you go! There are more cars per head of population in LA than anywhere else in the world, that's a fact (Leavung Cert Geography 2008!) There's a prize for whoever can tell me how I got that info!!
The terrible thing is that almost every car has one person in it! I think I mentioned this last year - there's a fast lane for cars with 2 or more people in them. Good idea, and we used it a fair bit this year, but it doesn't seem to have convinced many people to car-pool. They advertise Ride-share, by putting up a number that you can call, but I think it's so embedded in the culture here that it's going to take more than that to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment