Sunday, August 5, 2012

Flash-back!

After Starfish we went back to Ralph and Ann's for dessert, coffee and after dinner drinks. It was a flash-back to last year's exchange and that great view we had every evening.

I brought my new creation - apple and blackberry crumble pie.

We're in California so it wasn't surprising that talk turned to diets. I have to look up Dr. Oz (not Ozzie Osborne!). Dr. Oz is the latest guru, and I think it is he who recommends extract of white bean and extract of green coffee bean. I'm not sure I remember what for, but I'd imagine it can help fight off aging and pounds!

Well, now, it wasn't all diet talk all night, and we certainly enjoyed the conversation. I learned a bit more about how the electoral system works here. We discussed the pros and cons of the Republican and Democrat philosophies..... and more!


Steve, Amy, Diane

Ralph



Ann is right when she notes how often, their exchange partners have a lot in common with them. We really had a great conversation last night about so many things - almost as if we had known each other for years!
I think Aidan's 'blonde and lawyer' joke went down well with the blondes and the lawyer present!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment