Saturday, August 20, 2011

Woof! Woof!

I told you that there are 24000 residents in Laguna Beach - and they are all lovely!!
How many dogs do you think 24000 people might own?
2000?
3000?
4000?
Actually, I wasn't surprised to hear that there are 5000 dogs here. Lots and lots of people seem to be walking dogs, and there are plentiful supplies of poop-bags and bins in all the obvious places such as parks. People are really responsible about their dogs and seem to take dog-ownership seriously. They always have poop-bags attached to the dog's lead when out walking. There are at least two dog-boutiques and dog-spas along the PCH in Laguna Beach.
Now, rattlesnakes are a real danger to dogs - especially dogs who haven't been trained in rattlesnake avoidance. Yes, I read in the local paper that quite a few dogs have been bitten this year. Now a trip to the vet for anti-venom treatment could cost up to $2400. That's what the paper said! (I'm sure most people have vet insurance). So if you want your dog to have snake-avoidance training, it is available - at $95 for a 15 minute session. I guess smart dogs will have learned the trick in 15 minutes.... but I wonder how many sessions your ordinary mutt will need!! Just another good reason to take out pet insurance I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely loving the blog guys-its like a little ray of sunshine and also allows me to be in California again in spirit! :) ye seem to be having a ball and really making the most of it all too -we must compare the Cheesecake Factory Photos at some stage! XxxCarmel

    ReplyDelete