Thursday, August 4, 2011

Around LB

After a late start we went for a swim today at the High School Pool. It's the community high school, and serves the community well during the summer anyway. Also has 4 tennis courts, a baseball field, football pitch and gymnasium. We walked in around the campus and it all looked very well cared for. No graffiti in sight.



Baseball field
something weird is happening here... scroll down - I can't bring the rest of the page up!!
Football pitch - and track!


So after that we walked down to the beach area. I was starving after the swim so went to Eddie's brother Johnny Rockets for sliders. I didn't know what they were either, but I always try something new in a new place. 20 minutes later, (that's how long I had to wait, as it was quite busy) I discovered that they were mini burgers - 3 of them! Just as greasy as Eddie's I'd say!! Couldn't eat them all.
Had to walk off what I ate, so we headed out along the boardwalk and coastal path on what is known as Heisler's Park. Awesome views (Oh God, this amerispeak is getting into me!)


Along that walk we passed the Inn at Laguna. I think that's where Mary & Denis stayed. Great choice guys!! Beachfront location, cool looking rooms and a handy pool for avoiding the cold sea!








































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment