Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cheesecake Factory

Imagine Aidan going anywhere near a cheesecake factory! Well that's where we went for dinner tonight! He was safe enough though - the menu runs to about 15 pages, and that doesn't include the cheesecake page!

Cathy & Kevin invited us, and after being delayed by Pageant of the Masters traffic in Laguna beach we found the Irvine Spectrum Centre easily enough, and it's only 8.4 miles away (according to G).
http://www.cheesecakefactory.com/ Have a look for yourself! here are a few of the cheesecakes on display:

I had Miso Salmon, recommended by Kevin, as he always eats it here. Delicious marinated salmon on a bed of brown rice surrounded by the miso sauce. Aidan opted for the chiken and shrimp combo, in a kind of Thai curry sauce, on a bed of rice. This wasn't on the menu, a special announced for tonight. So Kevin tried it too. They both enjoyed it, but Kevin hasn't been converted. Cathy had chicken biscuit! I was dying to see what the biscuit would be. It was something like a white scone, on both sides of her chicken - served with veg and a potato mash.
Here are the happy couple (without suglasses,Deirdre!)

After all that, it wouldn't be right to leave without having cheesecake, now would it? So the choice was left to me. I opted for the Dutch apple cinnamon & nut streusel cheesecake!!!



The Irvine Spectrum Mall is huge!! And really modern and classy. It's the favourite hang-out spot for teenagers here. That isn't a problem though. They all seem pretty well able to conduct themselves! There's a big wheel as well as a carousel, and a huge number of shops and restaurants. Really impressive.



I was delighted to pick up a cover for my Kindle in Target. I had taken a chance when ordering the Kindle that I'd be able to find a cover for it in USA. Luckily, I spotted one tonight, and saved myself about 20euro. (Also got onion salt there for you, Mam!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment