Sunday, July 29, 2012

Garmina - where would I be without you?

We were so impressed by Garmin last year that we invested in our own. Needed to download North America maps though, so went on-line to do it. Paid my money, clicked 'download' only to be told that there wasn't enough space on my unit. Panic!! Check the forums. Cleared some files. Still not enough space. Tried to gte my money back!! Thanks, Siobhán, for suggesting an extra SD card. Duh! Got it, and problem sorted. (Those of you who think that's all very high tech will be very impressed. Tecchies will know what an airhead I am!!)
First test of 'Garmina' failed miserably yesterday, as we tried to get to Huntington Beach to visit Cathy & Kevin. A 30 minute trip took about an hour and a half. I'll have to admit I missed a digit in the address line ;-(  but why did 'she' trick us into thinking 'she' knew the way, sending us south instead of north??
All's well now, we have made our peace.
Great evening at C & K's with Mary & Lauren too. Mighty burgers and pie, mmmm....We're still a bit out of synch though, so maybe we weren't the best of company. Well, there will be lots more opportunities to get together, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment